Saturday, July 23, 2011

Snorkeling

Today I went Snorkeling for the very first time! It was really fun. My friend Manuel and his family went with me and my mom. I saw many different types of Coral and Fish. I don't know the kinds of Coral I saw, except for a Brain Coral, the only one I recognized amongst the many Coral, and there was only one. Manuel and a few of his family members saw a barracuda. My mom and I saw REALLY BIG Parrot Fish and other fish as well. I noticed a fish that looked like it was lying down in a flat section of coral. I wanted to take a picture, but my waterproof camera wasn't steady from the waves and I couldn't get it to work. I figured it out later with the help of my mom, but by then we were far from the fish. When there was around five minutes left to snorkel my snorkel came out of my mouth, this had happened before a few times, and so I raised my head to fix it and get all the salt water out of my mouth, but my goggles started getting all messed up. They started to slide around my face, going up over my eyes and getting lots of salty water in my eyes, which REALLY STINGS, and then my mom helped me get them back on right and they went down under my eyes. I couldn't see because I kept my eyes closed to make sure no more ocean water could get in them and i kept my mouth closed so none of the ocean water could go into it so I felt like I wasn't capable of doing anything. I held my mom's hand and told me to kick, so of course, I kicked and now that I was moving she started to guide me back to the ship. When we made it I took my goggles and flippers off and I wiped my eyes and opened them. They felt a lot better. I went up the ladder to get into the boat and Manuel was already on. He told us that the boat was going to leave soon so we shouldn't go back in the water. After Snorkeling we went to a beach and swam there and saw a re-creation of a spanish shipwreck in the water and more fish. I swam over EIGHT schools of fish. We had a wonderful time. I will never forget my first time Snorkeling.

3 comments: